|Total Grants Distributed
The Executive Committee of Leadership 100 convened a conference call on May 13, 2015 and unanimously approved an additional $700,000 in new grants to be distributed in 2015, increasing total grants for the period of 2015 to 2017 to $2,670,799. The additional grants were unanimously recommended by the Grant Committee. The amount to be distributed in 2015, which includes previously approved grants, now totals $3,232,651, bringing the year to date total since the inception of Leadership 100 to a new high of $42,292,163.
The Committee addressed the additional grants in a continuing session of its meeting of February 12, 2015 at the 24th Annual Leadership 100 Conference as there was not ample time then to review all the grants.
The total of new grants approved for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is now $1,930,243, while those to affiliated organizations is now $740,556. Both included multi-year grants.
The additional grants approved are as follows:
- The Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations-$150,000 for one year for the “Inter-Orthodox Enhancement” project to support the up-coming Great and Holy Synod.
- The Department of Marriage and Family Center for Family Care -$230,000 for one year for the “Renewal of Family Ministry.”
- The Department of Finance and Administration - $200,000 for one year for the Archdiocese Committee for Small Parishes’ “The Small Parish Program.”
- Fordham University-$100,000 for Orthodox Christian Studies Center to strategize and develop an academic journal dedicated to Orthodox Christian Studies.
- The Hellenic Orthodox Church of the Annunciation (Buffalo, NY)- $20,000 for one year for the International Commission of Anglican-Orthodox Theological Dialogue.